Found this book at the library and it looked really fun, so, here we go!
Title: Blue Chicken
Published by: Viking, Penguin Group, 2011
Written by: Deborah Freedman
Illustrated by: Deborah Freedman
In one word: Playful
In one sentence: A little chicken tries to help paint but blue gets everywhere until the whole barnyard is “blue to the bone!”
- the characters literally jump out of their picture
- the interesting perspectives
- the story is very simple and there’s minimal text
- adorable little chicken
- good theme of making a mess and cleaning it up!
- Nice twist with the barn, too
- Think outside the box, and, in this case, outside the drawing!
- Because the characters literally come off their page, it feels so much more adventurous.
- Awesome twist on a universal theme…I’ll have to think more like that.
- poetic use of language…you can be poetic and have a short word count!
Have any of you read this book?
What did you think?
And what are you reading today?
Let us know!
KE and SS